Fun facts about landscape
Landscape serves more purposes than just being aesthetically pleasing.
Some fun facts about landscape:
- Plants improve air quality
- Landscaping can add as much as 14% to the resale value of your home.
- A tree shading an outdoor air conditioner unit can increase its efficiency by as much as ten percent.
- One hour of weeding burns 300 calories (the same as walking or bicycling at a moderate pace), and manual push mowing of the lawn burns 500 calories per hour (the same rate as playing tennis).
- A recent study at the Sloan Kettering Institute in New York found that women recover from breast cancer surgery quicker if they spend time in a garden, according to a report by the American Horticultural Therapy Association.
- It is known that after a stressful day at work – looking at a yard with a view of natural elements, such as trees and flowers, experienced less job pressure, were more satisfied with their jobs and reported fewer ailments and headaches than those who either had no outside view or could only see built elements from their window.